What is body contouring after massive weight loss?
After your success in losing weight, you might face nasty loose skin on various areas of your body. With a body contouring procedure, the hanging skin will be tightened. This procedure is a combination of a variety of cosmetic procedures that enhance the shape and tone of the body subsequent to a massive weight loss.
Body contouring addresses the loose skin, as well as improve the contour and tone of tissue in the face, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs.
Body contouring includes:
- Face Lift
- Arm Lift
- Body Lift
- Tummy Tuck
- Thigh Lift
Good candidates for a body contouring surgery:
- You are physically healthy
- You are a non-smoker
- You are psychologically stable
- You have realistic expectations
- You trust your surgeon
- You are distressed about the loose, flabby skin on your face, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs after a massive weight loss
- Your choice of clothing gets limited due to the loose, flabby skin on your face, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs after a massive weight loss
Why choose a body contouring surgery?
- To boost your self-confidence and self-esteem
- To bring back youthful, firmer, more proportional contour to your face, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs
- To remove the loose skin and excess fat in your face, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs
- To achieve the firmness and smoothness in the face, arms, buttocks, abdomen and thighs that you have always dreamed of
- To create balance on your body figure
- To be able to wear any type of clothing confidently
- To get relief from sagging skin that may cause rashes, painful chafing and infections
An Overview of the Procedure
The body contouring is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia. It is a generally safe surgery which takes significant hours to complete. The patient is required to spend two days or more in the hospital after the operation.
- The incision
- Removal of loose skin
- Lifting up of the remaining skin and tissue
- Closing the incisions
- See the results
Once the body contouring is complete, the patient’s treated areas will be placed in bandages to lessen the likelihood of swelling, bruising and infection but this will be removed after a period of time. The bandages will also provide a support to the new form. Moreover, the patient must take ample rest and must avoid extreme activity/exercise within the first several weeks. After two to four weeks, the patient can get back to work.
One of the most important aspects that determine the success of the surgery is the patient’s mind-set and behavior. The patient should strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions and recommendations.
Most individuals can go through a body contouring; however, every individual is different, hence the very first step is a consultation with our expert team. If you are interested in doing a body contouring, schedule an appointment with us. We will be glad to assist you.