What is a breast reduction surgery?
Excessively huge heavy breasts can lead to physical and emotional distress for involved women. But with the advancements in the medical field today, the size of large breasts can be reduced through a breast reduction surgery.
Breast reduction or reduction Mammaplasty is a method that can provide a more balanced upper body and enhanced proportion between the breasts. It can also treat the physical discomfort that huge heavy breasts bring.
Good candidates for a breast reduction surgery:
- You are physically healthy
- You are a non-smoker
- You are psychologically stable
- You have realistic expectations
- You trust your surgeon
- You are upset and dissatisfied with your sagging breasts
- You do not intend to have additional children
- Your breasts are too large for your body frame
- You suffer from neck, shoulder and back pain
- You have heavy breasts with nipples and areolas that point downward
- One of your breasts is larger than the other
- You are unhappy and self-conscious about your large breasts
- The skin under your breasts is irritated
- You have breathing problems or you are constantly out of breath and observe grooves in your shoulders from your bra straps
- You have a poor posture
- You find it hard to shop for clothes that fit you
- You are not breastfeeding and do not have plans on having a baby in the future
Why choose a breast reduction surgery?
- To boost your self-confidence and self-esteem
- To improve breast shape, projection, and symmetry
- To look better with and without of clothes
- To have breasts in better proportion with your body
- To alleviate neck, shoulder and back pain
- To be able to engage physically demanding activities
- To have a wide choice of clothes
An Overview of the Procedure
The breast reduction is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia. It is a generally safe surgery which takes hours to complete.
- The incision
- Removal of excess fat and breast tissue
- Repositioning and reduction of the size of the areola
- Closing the incisions
- See the results
Once the breast reduction is accomplished, the patient’s treated area will be bandaged to lessen the likelihood of swelling, bruising and infection but this will be removed after a period of time. The patient will also wear a surgical bra for numerous weeks to provide a support to the new form. Moreover, the patient must take ample time off from work for rest and must avoid extreme activity/exercise within the first few weeks.
Discomfort or tightness in the chest can be experienced but this can be treated with medication.
Make sure that the chest area is secure against sun exposure and accidental impact.
One of the most important aspects that determine the success of the surgery is the patient’s mind-set and behavior. The patient should strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions and recommendations.
Most women can go through a breast reduction; however, every individual is different, hence the very first step is a consultation with our expert team. If you are interested in doing a breast reduction, schedule an appointment with us. We will be glad to assist you.