What is breast revision surgery?
Have you undergone a breast augmentation? Are you happy with the new form and look of your breasts? If you had a breast augmentation but are unhappy with the results, then a breast revision can be encouraged to treat your breasts.
A prior breast augmentation can cause dissatisfaction and disappointment to some patients if certain standards are not met. So, if you are one such person, you may go for a breast revision.
Breast revision is an operation to modify breast implants’ shape, size or type, to correct mal-positioned implants or to remove deflated or ruptured implants. Its utmost aim is to bring back a youthful breast appearance and contour.
Good candidates for a breast revision surgery:
- You are physically healthy
- You are a non-smoker
- You are psychologically stable
- You have realistic expectations
- You trust your surgeon
- Your saline breast implants have deflated or your silicone implant has a shell leak
- You desire to alter your implants’ shape, size or type
- You suffer from tightening of the scar tissue around the implant or capsular contracture
- The position of your implants have moved
- You are discontented with the results of your former surgery
- You want to get rid of your breast implants permanently
Why choose a breast revision surgery?
- To boost your self-confidence and self-esteem
- To have larger and shapelier breasts
- To balance your breasts in different sizes
- To improve your body proportion
- To regain a youthful breast shape
- To increase or decrease your breast size
- To improve breast symmetry
- To look better with and without clothes
An Overview of the Procedure
The breast revision is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia. It is a generally safe surgery which takes hours to complete.
- The incision
- Removal of existing implants
- Insertion of new implants
- Closing the incisions
- See the results
Once the breast revision is accomplished, the patient’s treated area will be bandaged to lessen the likelihood of swelling, bruising and infection but this will be removed after a period of time. The patient will also wear a surgical bra for numerous weeks to provide support to the new form. Moreover, the patient must take time off from work for ample rest and must avoid extreme activity/exercise within the first few weeks.
Make sure that the chest area is secured against sun exposure and accidental impact.
Discomfort or tightness in the chest can be experienced but this can be treated with medication.
One of the most important aspects that determine the success of the surgery is the patient’s mind-set and behavior. The patient should strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions and recommendations.
Most women can go through a breast revision; however, every individual is different, hence the very first step is a consultation with our expert team. If you are interested to undergo a breast revision, schedule an appointment with us. We will be glad to assist you.