What is an ear surgery?
Being confident with one’s self is one of the factors that lead to happiness, contentment and success. But if an individual suffers from low self-confidence then these factors won’t be achieved. One of the issues that leads to low self-confidence is an unlikable particular body feature; for instance, an overly large ear or distorted ear. Aside from this, protruding ears might also be a cause of bullying. Thus, an ear surgery or an Otoplasty can be done to solve these issues.
Good candidates for an ear surgery:
- You are physically healthy
- You are a non-smoker
- Your age is 5 years or older
- You are psychologically stable
- You have realistic expectations
- You trust the surgeon
- You are suffering from embarrassment or psychological distress
Why choose an ear surgery?
- To boost your self-confidence and self-esteem
- To alter the size and shape of your ears
- To correct protruding ears
- To correct innate defected ears or deformed ears due to injury or accident
- To uphold a symmetry in your face
- To be able to tie your hair up or wear head accessories
An Overview of the Procedure
The ear surgery is carried out under the influence of general anesthesia. The whole procedure takes an hour.
- The incision
- Closing the incisions
- See the results
Once the ear surgery is completed, the patient’s treated area will be bandaged to lessen the likelihood of swelling, bruising and infection but this will be removed after a period of time. The bandage will also provide a support to the new form. Moreover, the recovery is quick and does not entail a lengthy time off from work.
One of the most important aspects that determine the success of the surgery is the patient’s mind-set and behavior. The patient should strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions and recommendations.
Most individuals can go through an ear surgery; however, every individual is different, hence the very first step is a consultation with our expert team. If you are interested in doing an ear surgery, schedule an appointment with us. We will be glad to assist you.